Wednesday, August 7, 2013

THE HOST: THE MOVIE




So today i just wanted to talk about The Host. I just recently saw the movie and I absolutely loved it. I didn't expect it to be that good. I saw the trailer but it didn't really tell me much about the story which was great( or maybe I wasn't paying close attention to it).
 When I first saw the trailer I thought it was going to be like another Bella,Edward and Jacob love
triangle since I saw the same girl kissing 2 guys but it ended up being not that. The story i believed was great and the actors were absolutely amazing. Another thing I loved about this movie was the ending and the inclusion of the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. Ahhhhh I love that song and it was the best way of ending a movie. Actually you guys should listen to that song while reading this post, it just makes everything more magical.
 Radioactive - Imagine Dragons ( click on the link if you want)
Anyways.....
Saoirse Ronan played the main role and she was absolutely stunning and perfect for the role.

Saoirse
Saoirse Ronan
19 years old ( April 12, 1994)
Then comes Max Irons who apart from being good looking, did a great job at playing the role of Jared.

Max Irons
Max Irons
27 years old (October 17, 1985)
Last but not least, my favorite one, Jake Abel who plays Ian O'Shea. The reason I love him so much is because of the personality his character Ian has. So its safe to say I love Ian more than Jake. 

Jake Abel
25 years old ( November 18, 1987)
Thanks to the film, I am pretty sure I will end up reading the book once I finish reading another series of books I'm currently on.  To anyone who hasn't seen the movie I definitely recommend it. There is action,drama,sadness( I'm pretty sure this is not an official category but you get the point, Its sad), and romance.

To everyone else who has already seen the movie, read the book, or just doesn't care about spoilers can read ahead.  
---------------------------------------- Disclaimer: Spoiler alert--------------------------------------------


So now comes my true explanation of why I love Ian more than Jared. Although I'm pretty sure Jared is a sweetheart, there wasn't really much showing of it since the love story between Melanie and Jared already existed before the movie even began. In the movie we can see Jared being very romantic and everything but only in brief flashback so I wasn't able to enjoy it much. And when we do see him in the present he is really mean to Melanie/ Wanda ( it was reasonable to be mad but still it hurt to see him being mean). On the other hand we can see Ian being a sweetheart although at first he did try to kill Wanda, but oh well throughout  the rest of the movie he makes up for that. 
At the very beginning of Ian and Wanda's relationship, it was really frustrating to think of their future as a couple being at risk since Wanda was in Melanie's body. Still I shipped them both a lot , because they were so sweet and loving. I shipped them more than Jared and Melanie obviously because we were able to see their relationship grow from the beginning , which is something I always like to be part of when watching a movie or reading a book. Also I couldn't be more happy when Wanda got her own body, giving her the opportunity to continue loving Ian.




Ian and Wanda/Melanie
Still after everything I can't deny that Jared and Melanie were also a very cute couple. Just those little few glimpses of them together were breathtaking, especially their dancing and kiss in the rain.( I'm obsessed with kisses in the rain)





Melanie and Jared

4 comments:

  1. Definitely read the book. It was SO much better than the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm positive I will. I have to since books are always better than the actual movie. It's a must!!

      Delete
  2. I second your girl crushes, especially Selena Gomez and Lily Collins :D they style is always so immaculate and they always hold themselves with such elegance!
    Personally I wasn't much of a fan of The Host novel far too predictable for my likings, but the film was made surprisingly well, i remember watching the trailer and knowing I would definitely have to watch it! However always a sucker for romance no matter how cheesy it is. :P What other films have you watched??

    Loves, Biancarosa.
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with me on my girl crushes. And about the Host, I still don't have an opinion on the novel since I personally didn't read it but the film really liked. And like you said, I also happen to be a sucker for romance no matter what.
      Regarding movies, the last one I saw was called " you may not kiss the bride " , I really enjoyed it and it was accessible to watch anywhere you want through YouTube.

      Delete

Please go ahead and leave a message. Thanks very much all comments are appreciated. :)