Thursday, July 10, 2014

College Time!!!!! Scared/nervous/excited!

So here it is. The time most high school seniors have been desperately waiting for...... COLLEGE!
College is so anticipated by most because it is a new environment, it introduces you to new people,  it is a place where new experiences and memories are made, and it is a place where all the best PARTIES go on.  Of course it is also a time to work really hard and be dedicated to your studies. 



Most College graduates remember attending college as one of the best moments ever. Maybe it's because they have already graduated and are now ready and set to go into the real world, and all those many days of dedicated studying are behind them.



To the newcomers, college is a time to make wise life changing decisions. Decisions that will determine what your future will be like. That is the part I least look forward to. It seems like a lot of high school seniors by the time they graduate have in mind what career to pursue while there's this other portion of the senior class ( which would include me) that has no clue :/ 
Thinking about courses to take and what to specialize can be quite stressful. I'm about to start college this fall and I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do so I just applied to any college and decided to enroll in any college with a good reputation. 

Just recently I have made a decision of what career I would love to pursue and apparently my college doesn't offer it. This is where the stressing out part comes in place. It's too late to apply to other colleges to be able to attend this fall so I had to make the decision to just go to the college I'm currently enrolled in, wait to finish my freshman year and see if I am still striving to pursue the career I have in mind which is sport/entertainment/event management.
If I do not change my mind then I am thinking of transfering to a different college.
For now I do not want to think about it and just go on with the original plan of attending my current college and just be a dedicated/hard working student.

 Putting everything aside, I'm actually really excited for college. Especially the moving in day. I will be dorming  and can't wait to see how that will turn. Time to go buy stuff for my dorm and look for ideas on how to decorate it.  






2 comments:

Please go ahead and leave a message. Thanks very much all comments are appreciated. :)